E-commerce websites can be boring. At least that’s the impression. What could you possibly do with a site that trades goods? The moment we talk about e-commerce, we envision abundant information, pricing, and display. What we cannot envision is user-friendliness. There is so much information that is laid out on the site that searchers will have to navigate the page mentally before arriving at the product that they desire.
E-commerce websites are a visiting card to the buyer; the first interaction between the buyer and the seller takes place right here. They are the first impressions of your business. Knowing the importance of your interface, it is essential that such a website offering a myriad of products and services is cordial and communicative to the user who is also the potential buyer of your service.
Some of the things that have to be considered before an e-commerce website development revolve around appearance, functionality, navigability and engagement. Visual appearance influences the consumer’s behavior making it essential to have a pleasing layout, accessible action buttons with the right colors and images targeting the psycho-graphic element of the potential customer. Functionality, navigability, and engagement affect the buying sense of the customer.
An e-commerce website development company should consider some specific and crucial information that has to be included in the e-commerce website to create user-friendliness:
1. Corporate branding: Branding your e-business to reflect the logo and brand colors triggers product recognition. This way your site is always differentiated from other websites that pay more attention to the products rather than the brand.
2. Featured products: The top selling products featured on your homepage will inform the customers about the current trends and what’s selling the most. That way the customer don’t have to keep searching for the products that they need. It also creates brand stability because it gives the customer an impression that you know that they want.
3. Related products: One of the best features of an e-commerce website, this will tell the customer what they can purchase along with what they are primarily looking for, urging customers to decide on making multiple purchases.
4. Latest news and offers: To reinforce customer confidence, a newsletter subscription that will talk about your brand presence and also any offers and promotions may be added. Your mailing list is populated when you ask for the customer’s email address, which is very helpful in future marketing campaigns.
5. Product display: Displaying the actual product on the site will certainly create an impact of the kind of commodity the customer is buying.
– ‘Zoom In’ feature: Along with the product a ‘zoom in’ feature will also help the visitor observe minute details of the material that influence valuable customer decision-making.
– Categorization: It is imperative that the product is categorized appropriately for easy accessibility and influencing faster buying sense into the customer.
6. Search and navigation: A well-positioned search box will help the customers to look for the product they wish to buy. A good navigation ensures that the consumer can see all the sections of the site clearly with a link to the shopping cart.
7. Payment and gateway options: Customers should be comfortable with the merchants. It also gives assurance about authenticity, to the customer. It is notable to avoid unpleasant surprises to the customer at the end of a purchase. It is rather that the customer is warned and notified appropriately about credit / debit card acceptance details.
8. Customer registration: Forms for sign-up should be thoroughly tested before putting them on the site. This is very crucial because a complicated form or registration process will lead to the customer abandoning the purchase.
9. Shipping and delivery: A product has to reflect the shipping details, especially when it is free shipping. Free shipping statements tend to improve your business stakes in the retail market. Along with it, customers would also like to know when their goods will be delivered. Mention clear delivery timescales so that they expect it within a frame.
10. Social media: E-business presence on social media allows the customer to interact with your events regularly. Besides, consumers like to share their purchases on the social platform. Display links to all social media pages so that it motivates the customer to either visit your page or even share their experiences concerning your product.
All of the above reflect the presence of a good electronic commerce platform ready for the customer interaction. It is essential that the layout of an e-trade web page is pleasing, and action buttons are strategically placed to ease customer accessibility. Fast loading websites are an added advantage knowing the number of displays an e-business interface is bound to carry. Navigability is again a key factor, making it important that the menus, drop-downs, and other such options are well-presented instead of being hidden somewhere on the page. Overall, the visual elements should be pleasing thereby automatically guiding the customer to buy that product.
Rarefly is an e-commerce web development company in Chennai, India providing quality, premium e-trade website services in the country.