A logo speaks more than a thousand words. A good logo creates a great impression of your business. It is memorized by anyone who sees it. A logo will speak about what you stand for. It is imperative to design your logo well for recognition.
Features of a great logo design:
- It is simple and easy to recognize
- Versatile and memorable
- Conveys a message instantly
- Creates a perspective to the viewer
- It is a timeless stamp
So, what contributes to designing a good and impressionable logo? A brief interview with the design team at RAREFLY, a logo design company in Chennai, gave admirable inputs for creating the perfect logo design. Logo designing companies have come a long way from just ‘thinking up’ of a logo. Designing a good logo involves researching the identity of the brand, conceptualizing and then idealizing it.
Our team follows a constructive brand identity design procedure as follows:
1. Recognizing the need – Though the design team may not entirely handle this step as such, this is a vital part of the design process. A company without a logo is like a bird without wings. The need for a logo and its importance has been one of the favourite discussions for creative minds and business owners alike. Where most companies understand the need for a good logo, there are few – and just a few – who undermine its necessity. It is this section of businesses that require assistance in recognition of a need for essential branding for their company. Once established the next steps of the process, just fall into place.
2. Gathering requirements from the client – This is one of the most crucial steps in the development of a logo. The design team formulates an interview sheet, which will gather the requirements of the client.
Name of the company – Understanding the name of the company and what it means. This will provide originality to the logo.
Name of the product or service – If there is a specific name of the product or service that is provided by the company, the team will attempt to understand and interpret it. This will induce inventiveness and ingenuity to the logo.
Captions – A logo can carry a caption if required without changing the meaning of the company, product or service. Some logos are best depicted without a logo. This avoids clustering of a logo design.
Need for a graphical representation or just word art – Logo can be a graphical illustration or it could be word art. The name of the company, product or service will be artistically rendered. The unique reproduction of the name itself will be the trademark.
Establishing conceptual representation – The design team attempts to find out if there are any religious or any other symbolization that the company may want in the logo.
Colour schemes – The client will express if there are any particular colour scheme that they may have in mind.
3. Remembering the basic characteristics of a logo design. Some of the fundamental attributes of a logo are:
- Appropriate for use
- Use of colours
4. Establishing functionality of the logo – To establish functionality of the logo, besides understanding the name of the product/service and company, the design team needs also to evince:
Competitors information – many players for the product/ service or few; is the
company monopolizing the market.
The target audience for the brand – Who are the intended people using the product.
Looking for inspirations – To be inspired by existing designs, photography and even architecture
Following designing process will help and there should be a specific design process that helps arrive at the design of the logo.
3.Establishing functionality and target audience
5.Gathering inspirations and research
6.Drafting the design
9.Drafting the design
Designing a logo is not as easy as we think it is. Logo design services in India are now intensified and the importance of designing a good logo is now well-understood. A good web design company can create memorable logos that are extremely crucial for the existence and identity of a business. Rarefly is a logo design company based in India employing some of the best logo design teams to develop quality logos to enhance your business. We are thankful to the design team at Rarefly for spending time with us to share their knowledge. Their efforts to cultivate a brand identity for every customer is priceless.