A lot of people are interested in forum commenting and participation. Forums are great ways to bring in traffic to your website without spending a penny. Plus you get to learn more about the niche you are dealing with. There are also other advantages that keep forums evergreen. But, the point to be noted is that you must talk like a pro and be confident like you own the joint. Ah! Now this statement has made it look all the more complex. Just chill! I’ll tell you how to do it effectively.
- Read the terms and conditions properly before you start posting or replying to threads. This will help you get a clear idea of what you are supposed to do and not to do. However, the most ignored page is the terms and conditions page on all web services. But, when you do something that is not according to the terms you agreed to while signing up, you may even be banned from the forum which will create bad reputation. Therefore, read the terms and conditions properly before signing up.
- Choose the right niche. Find out if the forum deals with the topics you specialize in. This will help you participate more in the discussions. However, you may even become part of forums that are not your niches in order to develop knowledge on it. But, bear in mind that it won’t help you get traffic to your website. Also, knowing what you are talking about will help you give confident replies and give insights to others which will in turn draw attention. After all this is why you are there on the forum.
- Design a catchy signature. Many forums have restrictions on the type of signature you can have. However, they allow for phrases in the signature line. You can have an attention grabber there and link it to your website. This will help you get more audience for your own website easily. You must also ensure that your signature line is not adorned with flowery words but real promises and powerful verbs in order to get your readers click on the link.
- Let your landing page deliver exactly what you promise in the signature line. This will ensure that people will have a satisfactory experience and have more trust on you. When they trust you, they will check out for your replies and threads in the forums and start interacting with you. On the other hand, if you design a signature line just to grab attention which actually doesn’t serve the purpose, then people who click on the link and visit your website will only feel manipulated, which is very dangerous for your reputation.
- Always reply courteously. This is of utmost importance. There are many people who participate solely for the sake of trolling. Learn how to handle trolls effectively in order to keep up your reputation. Try to explain politely why you are right. The statement, “Do not raise your voice but improve your argument” comes handy to explain this point more clearly. What you need to handle trolls is not use rude words or sarcasm but handle it smartly in such a way that will explain more about you to the readers.
These are some of the ways in which you can easily gain more traffic for your website. Also, you can get a vast knowledge on the niche by participating in forums which will have a positive impact on the content you generate for your website. Plus, you can establish a network of contacts who trust you for solutions to their issues. Also, you can learn a lot of new and important things you will not be able to learn otherwise. Thus, forum participation and commenting becomes a two-way beneficial process that will help you in the long run. All the best with your forum hunt!